Hello! Where to buy rack, vessel?

This board is for anyone new to the sport who wishes to introduce themselves, ask questions, etc.

Moderators: KUKayaker, Shawn

mwrun

Hello! Where to buy rack, vessel?

Postby mwrun » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:34 am

I'm pretty new to the sport, having been introduced to it by geocaching and the need to have a mode of transportation to find geocaches on islands.

I started out by using an inflatable kayak, but am ready to graduate to a hard-shell. (A small puncture in the inflatable last weekend accelerated my decision.) Anyway, I'd like to purchase locally, if I can. Particularly because I would need some assistance installing a roof rack and learning how to correctly tie down the kayak to the rack.

It seems the closest place is KC Paddler, which is only open Wed-Sat. Are there any good places within 100 miles or so that I could consider?

Thanks!

Opes

Re: Hello! Where to buy rack, vessel?

Postby Opes » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:58 am

You might try Sunflower Outdoor in Lawrence. Other than that there is not much but big box stores.

There are several options in MO and AR if you want to drive a little.

mwrun

Postby mwrun » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:21 am

JerryT

Postby JerryT » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:46 am

I have a kayak carrier kit available will mount to most existing roof
Rack crossbars. Call me at 913-232-1195 if interested. These is a new Hobbie dealer selling Hobbie kayaks they are located on K7 about half a mile north of Old Hwy 56 in Olathe

Return to “New Boater Board”