Looking for someone to teach me a little playboating

This board is for anyone new to the sport who wishes to introduce themselves, ask questions, etc.

Moderators: KUKayaker, Shawn

AKmike

Looking for someone to teach me a little playboating

Post by AKmike » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:34 pm

I'm new to kayaking this year and have spent time hitting class 2 and 3 runs in CO. I'll be coming to KC/OP to visit family and friends Sept. 24th-Oct. 7. I'm not sure if any of the local play waves are running at this time. If so, would anybody want to get out and have a little fun and not mind teaching someone? My roll isn't bomb-proof but I can usually nail it and after a few days of playboating, I'm sure I'll have it down good.

Also, I have my gear but with the traveling I do, I usually just rent a boat and paddle rather than pay the oversize bag charges when flying. Is there anywhere in thee area to rent a play boat?

Thanks, and looking forward to learning some play boating or at least get in some pool/lake time.

-Mike

KUKayaker

Post by KUKayaker » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:08 am

Mike,

You might be able to rent a playboat from Up a Creek. As for what's running at the time, there are usually spots like the kaw that run all the time but the more playboating spots are usually rain dependent.

As for people actually getting out I would see if boatball is going on, which it does most wednesdays or check the board if it's raining around then.
kukayaker = Kevin

spartacus9

Post by spartacus9 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:34 pm

Hey Mike, I'm with the Up a Creek folks and I'm sure we can work something out with a playboat rental. Let me know what you're accustomed to boating and I'll see if we have something similar in boat and size. You can either reply here or use the "Contact Us" page on our web site at http://www.upacreek.biz

-Shannon