New/Intermediate boater spring workouts on the river

Informaiton about upcoming club events

Moderators: KUKayaker, Shawn

Shawn
Site Admin

New/Intermediate boater spring workouts on the river

Postby Shawn » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:39 am

Before we plan any spring/summer beginner/intermediate trips, I am thinking about starting up some spring workout sessions at Bowersock in Lawrence and maybe working up to the Kaw (I-435) for anyone interested. Pool sessions are rapidly coming to a close and as the weather warms up and we have more daylight its time to start thinking about the open water.

Workout sessions would be geared to getting new boaters used to moving water, working on skills such as boat control, ferry moves, rolls, self rescue and working up to surfing and playboating.

The water is still pretty cold so cold water gear is a must for right now. That includes wet suits, dry tops etc. (pdf, skirt, helmet goes without saying)

Anyone interested?

Would you like weekday evenings or weekends?
Shawn
----------------------------------------
www.kansaswhitewater.org
NØCH

KUKayaker

Postby KUKayaker » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:00 am

Shaner and I are doing bowersock basically every weekend. I did a quick recap in another thread but for those who haven't been there since the change there is a little front surf feature at the right levels and always a spot to work on spins and hand spins at lower levels. Retentiveness and size of the spin spot varies.
kukayaker = Kevin

Return to “Club Events”